One person died due to electric fishing in Sangareddy

Sangareddy: The banned practice of electric fishing or electro-fishing claimed the life of a man in Antargam village of Sirgapur mandal. Subhash, a resident of Antargam, went fishing in a local stream on Sunday evening. While he was fishing allegedly using electricity to stun the fish, he came in contact with electric wires and fell into the water. He was swept away in the stream. His body was found floating a few metres away on Monday. Sirgapur SI Mahipal Reddy registered a case following a complaint by Subhash’s father Ramulu. The body was taken to the regional hospital in Narayankhed for post-mortem. Police warned people not to opt for such dangerous practices.

Back to top button